Celebrity landscape designer and author, Jamie Durie, wowed local VIP guests at the Esplanade Norwest Lake Garden Party. Jamie presented a workshop on how to create the perfect balcony green space, with the aim of encouraging residents to bring the lush gardens of the Hills Shire to their new apartments. “Capital Bluestone have prioritised the ‘alfresco’ aspect of living with the design of their development, as you will see the balconies are almost the same size as the apartments, thereby delivering the purchasers maximum lifestyle” says Jamie. Jamie talked through the two balcony displays he had created - one lush and tropical and the other divinely edible.
Jamie’s top tips for vertical living:
• Get nurtured by nature. Downsizing from a house with a backyard to an apartment means more free time and the capacity to still connect with nature.
• You can still grow your own vegetables on even the tiniest balcony.
• For an edible garden use vertical planters full of edibles such as herbs and dwarf varieties of vegetables.
• It’s the most satisfying thing to grow, harvest and eat food you’ve grown yourself.
• Pots and planter boxers allow for growing a selection of beautiful plants. You can make it as simple or as colourful and varied as you like.
• When it comes to balcony gardens you should think laterally and plant vertically.
• Be creative! Vertical gardens can serve as an architectural feature or an art piece.
• The sweet spot for lifestyle is where architecture meets nature – that’s where all the magic happens
Capital Bluestone General Manager Design Frank Xuereb said he was thrilled Jamie could appreciate the standard of living offered by the apartments at Esplanade. “Jamie’s message of ‘transterior’ living particularly resonated with Esplanade purchasers, with many keen to start planning their seamless segue between indoors and outdoors immediately.” “The demand for apartments with great indoor-outdoor areas is much higher than those without,” Mr Xuereb says. “It’s all about lifestyle and the interaction between inside and the outdoors and we worked hard with Esplanade to ensure this is something we would be delivering.”
HAND SANITISER WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE DISPLAY AND WE ASK THAT YOU ADHERE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS.